Since we are not supported by any federal, state or county agency, or any state or national humane organization, our two constant, greatest needs are volunteers and donations. Without volunteers, our effort to rescue homeless animals cannot continue. Although we have many supporters and sympathizers, we have very few active volunteers willing to regularly work with the rescued pets and take care of their needs. Therefore, WE NEED YOU!
As more volunteers join us, we are able to continue participating in community affairs and offer information about our animal rescue efforts and about responsible pet ownership. As more volunteers join us, we will be able to brainstorm on fundraising and other means of seeking funds and donations from the community.
We are currently seeking sponsors for our popular animal adoption column in “The Jeffersonian” and “Sanilac County News.” We are looking for support from our community to write stories about our animals and our shelter in the local press.
Volunteer Job Positions:
- General Receptionist – answer phones & email
- Adoption Callback
- Grant Researcher (can be done from home)
- Bulletin Boards / Artwork
- Grant Writing
- Volunteer Recruiter
- Volunteer Trainer
- Fundraising Researcher (can be done from home)
- Manage Fundraising Initiatives
- Create More Fundraisers
KENNEL AND CATTERY HELP:
- Dog walking
- Dog room and kennels cleaning (daily)
- Cattery cleaning (daily)
- Socialization for dogs and cats (daily)
- Dog trainer
- Clinic Cleaning – sanitize, sweep & mop (2 times a week)
- Autoclave cleaning (monthly)
CATTERY ISOLATION HELP:
- Cleaning (daily)
- Laundry (daily)
- Gardner (Seasonal)
- Artist – Scrapbooking
Please contact us for more information.